Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Weekly Weigh-In #1



Last night I went to my first weigh-in meeting at Weight Watchers. So here's the skinny (Bahahahaha):

~Lost 3.4 lbs

I was very excited to see this and it was more than I anticipated. I tried not to let the total amount of how much I need to lose ruin my happiness at having a loss this week. It's hard to say the least. I'm still focusing on my 5-lbs. I really hope to hit that next week. I get a "star" for my book mark if I do and it'll be nice to have that for motivation.

The first couple of days were rather hard for me and I wasn't really eating the right things so I ended up being hungry some. I also caught myself emotionally eating Friday. I realized it but did it anyway. It's very hard to change long-standing habits.

I did not reach my goal of excercise 3 x week. Ummmmm, let me be honest here.....I didn't even hit one day. I'm going to try very hard to get some walking in this weekend.

I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. Every food has a "point value" and you just decide how you want to use your points. I had some left over points at the end of my week last night. You're really supposed to use all of your points so I need to work on that. Yesterday was the only day I had "leftovers" so I thought that was pretty good.

So my goals this week:
~reach the 5 lb. loss mark
~Exercise this weekend
~Increase my fruit intake by 1 serving most days (let's be real here-most days)

Anyone else on a weight-loss journey to healthier lives and want to share?

2 comments:

Miss Jenny said...

Lauree, Oh my gosh! I crack up reading your posts. It's awesome that you are so honest with yourself (and with your fans). Weight is a constant battle for every woman whether you are 100 lbs or 250 lbs. Good for you for trying something new. A few tips that work for me: 1)Don't skip meals! It just makes you eat more later and slows metabolism. 2)Let your friends/family know what your goal is so you feel more responsibility in keeping it (you got that down!) 3)Eat smaller, more frequent meals (include protein and fiber when you can). It keeps your energy up, keeps you from feeling hungry all day, and makes digestion easier (less bloating). There are a billion more tips, but those are super important and always help me feel better. I saw some decorative napkins yesterday that read "My kids are my cardio!" Haha. You need those. Good luck in reaching your goals!

Liz said...

Lauree,
I didn't comment on this last week when you first posted it, but I'm encouraged tonight by something that has happened at our house!

My precious husband has HORRIBLE eating habits. I won't get into just how bad, but let me tell ya...it's bad! We gave up our Y membership several years ago when we cut some expenses.

For several years now, I've tried to lose weight. I've done pretty good at maintaining, but honestly, if no one else in your house (read: your husband) is backing you up on things, it just isn't gonna happen unless you're totally motivated. And I'll be honest...motivation is my big downfall. Even when I get all gung ho & excited about doing something (ANYTHING really!), I lose motivation quickly.

So anyway, a couple days ago, Larry commented about how he needs to get back in shape. I have tried to feed him healthful meals for a long time now, but he still eats out most days of the week & drinks lots of soda, so my healthful dinner meals don't make too big of a dent in his diet/exercise (or lack thereof) program. Anyway, he commented about it again tonight & he's really motivated by several upcoming things to get back in shape. When I mentioned possibly re-starting our YMCA membership, he was all for it! He said he was going to call/go by tomorrow & talk to them.

So, with that in mind, once we get it started back up, I can go to the Y every afternoon when I get off work & get on the treadmill or bike or elliptical (or whatever other cardio I feel up to that day!) and get a workout in before I pick up the kids from school. I am pumped!!!