Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Classes for 9th Grade

I have been crazy busy trying to get things ready for the high schooler in the house.  I completely rearranged the school room and reorganized it.  That's another post.  Today I'd like to go over Cade's classes for  2014-2015.  We are using My Father's World curriculum labeled "Ancient History and Literature" or "AHL" for short.  It covers Bible, History and Literature and then I add in the rest.  He will earn 6.5 credits this upcoming year and will be on track to earn at least 27 credits for graduation.


His classes include Bible, World Lit and Composition, World History, Spanish I, Intro. to Logic, Algebra I, and Biology.


In Bible: 
     Taking the Old Testament Challenge, Unwrapping the Pharaohs, What on Earth Am I Here For, and Daniel (Teen Inductive Bible Study) and a few smaller items.


In World Lit and Comp:
     Ancient Literature Supplement, The Epic of Gilgamesh, The Cat of Bubastes, Bulfinch's Greek and Roman Mythology, The Iliad, The Odyssey and Eric Liddell.


In History:
     Exploring World History by Notgrass and a few other things.


The other classes are pretty self explanatory.  We are set to dive in on Monday.  I'm not ready.  Life is interfering!!!  But I will be by Monday.



1 comment:

Liz said...

Time for a blog update, sister!