Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Menu-Plan Monday



I've been menu-planning a little while now. It truly is so much better than just "winging it." Last week I wound up switching days on a couple of things and I never made the chicken enchiladas. But that's okay. I had a plan and now I've moved the chicken enchiladas to today's menu. Typically on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays I have to plan crockpot meals or very easy meals like spaghetti. Mondays and Thursdays are soccer and I have to leave the house at 5ish and don't get home until between 7:30 and 8pm. Wednesday is Church night and right now I'm leading a Women's Bible Study, so I have to be there around 6pm. So with that in mind, here's this week's menu:

Monday:
Breakfast: Breakfast bars, fruit
Lunch: Fish sticks, applesauce
Dinner: Chicken Enchiladas, salad, cookie

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Banana-nut muffins, fruit
Lunch: Ham & cheese rolls, carrots and ranch
Dinner: Smothered Chicken, pasta, vegies

Wednesday:
Breakfast: Eggs and biscuits
Lunch: PB&J sandwiches, cucumbers and ranch
Dinner: Scalloped Potatoes and Ham (crockpot)

Thursday:
Breakfast: Pancakes and Turkey Bacon
Lunch: Hotdogs and fruit
Dinner: Cream Style Beef Tips over noodles (Crockpot)

Friday:
Breakfast: Toast and Eggs
Lunch: Ravioli, fruit
Dinner: Chicken nuggets and fries (made at home)

Saturday:
Breakfast: Oatmeal, fruit
Lunch: egg salad sandwiches, vegie
Dinner: Spinach Lasagna Roll-ups (meatless)

Sunday:
Breakfast: Blueberry muffins
Lunch: Roast Chicken, potatoes, green beans
Dinner: Left-overs - choose your own.

I'm going to link up to orgjunkie's menu plan monday and you can go here to see many, many, many menu plans! It's awesome!

1 comment:

Roan said...

Hi Lauree,
Your menu looks great! Having a weekly plan is half the battle.

The Sue Gregg books are "medium". I mean, they aren't a 5 ingredient of less list of convenience foods per recipe, but they aren't full of numerous exotic ingredients either.

I purchased the entire set of cookbooks (the $99 set) a few years ago. I spent a couple of months just reading the cookbooks. They contain a lot of information and education. You could actually use the cookbooks as the cooking portion of a home ec course....something I plan to do with my next high school girl.

I am enjoying the recipes--the ingredients are natural, not processed foods. Some of the ingredients are too natural for me! Ha! I don't grind my own wheat, and I don't shop at a health food store. I get whatever I need at Kroger. Sometimes in the organic section, but still at Kroger.

So, I would still call the cookbooks a happy medium. Preparing whole foods takes time. I cook my own chickens, but I buy extra chicken broth. I make my own white sauce instead of using any kind of "cream of" soups. I grate my own cheese. I make my own spaghetti and pizza sauce (not in the Sue cookbooks, but on my blog). I chop lots and lots of vegetables. I use whole wheat flour and honey.

If you are looking to improve your nutrition and reduce your calories, plus educate yourself about nutrition, I think you would like these cookbooks.

Thanks for visiting my blog, and I hope I answered your question!

I love your family! My brother and his wife have one child adopted from Guatemala, one bio child, and are in the process of adopting another baby from the U.S. My sister in law is beginning the adoption process. My best friend finalized her adoption TODAY for her 7 year old son. She also has 3 bio children.

Blessings,
Roan