Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Anniversary trip

Jeff took me to San Antonio for the weekend to celebrate our 14 year anniversary. We stayed at The Contessa on the Riverwalk and it was simply amazing. Jeff surprised me with this and we had a view of the river and at night it was absolutely beautiful with all of the lights. It was so peaceful to walk, shop and talk, uninterrupted. You know what I mean! :-) We walked the river and of course, bought presents for the kids, because that's what we do. We had dinner at Fogo de Chao and I'm sure I messed up the spelling on the name. It's a brazillian restaurant that rated 5 stars in my opinion. However, I do not believe it is a place for kids so don't take them expecting they will like it unless they're really into that kind of thing. We walked around for a bit but by that time the drunks were coming out and that was not very enjoyable so we headed back to the hotel. I love being able to reconnect with Jeff when we can. We talk about things other than the kids but we do talk about them. I really enjoyed the quick get-away! But I also loved when the kids came home and knocked me over with their hugs. I love my life.

No comments: