Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Adoption News!

Yesterday, July 7, 2009 at about 3:40pm I spoke with Jilma, who is the wonderful lady helping us with the adoption and she asked us to consider a 2-month old baby girl whose mom had died. I almost screamed in her ear. Okay, so I thought I wanted 3 or 4 years old but just maybe that wasn't God's plan after all. We accepted the referral last night when I could actually sit down and call Jilma back and we are crazily trying to get things together before I leave for camp tomorrow! We don't even have our homestudy.

We know nothing about this little one so we need your prayers but we also need your prayers for our financial issues to fall into place. One of the options fell through and we're working on another right now waiting to hear back, please pray this works out for us! It will somehow I'm sure!! They will soon be transporting our little itty bitty baby to the orphanage, right now she is at the maternity hospital. We don't know anything else at all. Jilma promised me as soon as she got word of anything she would email me. They will also begin testing her for HIV, etc once she is settled in the orphanage. More prayers needed there.

I can't believe this has happened. I have happily been handing off Jenna's things as she outgrows them-toys, clothes, functional items and now I guess I will need them back. Oh my goodness. I will post more when I find it out. I have to go pack for camp!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

AHHHHHH! I was so excited when we talked and I am excited all over again seeing it in print! Another baby girl coming home from Congo. A sweet friend for Haven to grow up with! Yippeeee!!!!

Countdown to Congo said...

That is amazing news! We will be praying for you all!

Stori said...

Congratulations! We have been are in the process of adopting a sibling pair from the DRC. Maybe we will be traveling together!