Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

Cloee has her first tooth and Frugal Friday

Yep, she does!  She never even got very cranky but she slobbers alot and sticks everything in her mouth.  She turns 8 months on May 1st.

Frugal Friday:  I've become very cheap frugal since becoming a stay at home mom.  I'm always looking for bargains and ways to save money.  I menu plan and have cut our grocery bill significantly.  So I thought I would post a meal I made that was yummy, homemade, quick and cheap economical.

Tuna Noodle Casserole:

-2 cups dry elbow macaroni
-2  6-oz. cans tuna, packed in water
-2  10-3/4 oz. cans of cream of mushroom soup
-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
-salt and pepper to taste
-1 cup frozen peas, optional (I HIGHLY recommend them-yum)
-3/4 cup cornflake crumbs, optional  (didn't have any so I used crumbled crackers)

1. Cook macaroni according to package directions.  drain.  Place cooked pasta in large mixing bowl.
2. Stir in tuna, soup, cheese, salt and pepper, and peas if you wish.  Stir together gently until well mixed. 
    Top with cornflake crumbs if you want.
3. Place in lightly greased 2-quart casserole dish. 
4. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, or until heated through and bubbly.

And there you have it.  I used generic round crackers (like Ritz) and crumbled it on after I took it out of the oven.  Throw in your favorite salad and you have a yummy meal! VERY easy and the family LOVED it!

1 comment:

Shawny said...

I make tuna casserole a lot too!! It's nice because you can use whatever you have around. I've added corn before when we didn't have peas. Also, one time I only had 1 can of cream of mushroom soup so I used a combo of sour cream and mayo and it was so good that I actually make it like that all the time now!